Blogger of Normandie is an independent fan blog, and not directly related to, controlled by, or representing the views of Devil Pig Games, their staff, related companies, holdings, or individuals.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Cancer Scare!

Hi everyone,

I know I haven't been around in very long time, but I had what has to be the the worst 2014, I could have had. I haven't been real communicative, just because there were so many unknowns at the time.

My last post was in June, to let everyone know I had been ill. But soon after I began to feel better my wife was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer. Over the next few weeks we stressed and worried as she underwent testing and biopsies to determine the nature of the cancer, and if it could be treated. Luckily, it was treatable and slow-growing, but it would still require the removal of her Thyroid.

After more weeks of stress and the knowledge that 10% of all patients die during surgery, the day came and all went incredibly well. Another day in the VA Hospital, and she was ready to come home; prepared to take Thyroid replacement medication for the rest of her life. 

Then a couple of days later I had to rush her to the ER as her neck near the surgery site had begun to swell. It turned out her blood calcium level had dropped to life threatening levels. The ER stabilized her and released her with a large amount of high dose calcium medication.

So after an entire Autumn of stress, and near death experiences; I came down with this new flu going around and was bed-ridden for five weeks. I am only now beginning to feel completely better.

And of course life did not stop during all this. My wife still had to work on here MBA. I still had to take care of my daughter, with the added difficulty of this being her first year of school. However, come February my wife's degree will be complete, and I'll finally get my gaming partner back.

Oh I almost forgot, I also had a PC hard drive crash killing most of my HoN PS files, which was followed by a motherboard failure. Which I couldn't afford to fix for two months. 

So here's to a better 2015. And I hope all of you have very good years.

Miah999